Protecting Your American Dream Over two decades of combined experience helping you achieve
The American Dream

New Bern Green Card Attorneys

Seek Permanent Residency

Many foreign nationals seeking a new life, a business opportunity, or a new home for their families pursue a green card, which grants a person permanent residency in the U.S. As a permanent resident, you enjoy many of the same benefits of a citizen and do not have to worry about a visa expiring.

Many foreign nationals seek a green card because:

  • You can stay in the country indefinitely without having to obtain or renew a visa
  • You can work at any job in the country
  • You can freely travel in and out of the country (as long as you have your green card with you)
  • You can bring family members into the country through certain family-based visas
  • It is an important step towards citizenship

If you are seeking a green card, let The E.A. Wood Law Firm help you. We can guide you through the process and ensure that every step is completed in a timely fashion. The process can be extremely complicated, so it is wise to have a competent and knowledgeable immigration attorney by your side. Our green card lawyers in New Bern serve clients in Craven County and around the world.

To learn more about how you may be able to obtain a green card, give us a call at (800) 611-0821 or contact us online. We offer appointments in person, over the phone, and via video chat.

Green Card Basics

A green card is a step up from an immigrant visa but does not grant a person citizenship. With a green card, you are not considered a visitor – instead, a permanent resident of the U.S.

Green cards can be:

  • Family- or marriage-based
  • Employment-based
  • Asylum or refugee-based
  • For the victims of abuse, human trafficking, or crimes

Certain categories require sponsorship from a U.S. citizen or permanent resident – this could be an employer, a family member, or a fiancée.

How to Apply for a Green Card

The process of obtaining a green card can be complicated and arduous. You will have to complete all paperwork properly, submit extensive documentation, and complete interviews.

There are a few different avenues you can take to get a green card. If you are in the United States on a visa, you can apply for an adjustment of status. This process is done domestically, so you will not have to travel back to your home country. If you are currently living outside of the U.S., you will have to apply through consular processing. This involves sending your application to a U.S. consulate or embassy in your home country.

To learn more about green cards or to get started on your case, call The E.A. Wood Law Firm at (800) 611-0821 today.

Hear From Our Previous Clients

  • If I ever need any other help in this area, she will definitely hear from me again

    “Isa Gratacos is a great and excellent Attorney. She helped guide me and my family through the long process. She was always professional and had no problems communicating with us. I will definitely ...”

    - Randal R.
  • Isa is the most honest lawyer I’ve ever met. She is very thorough with her work and will go above and beyond to be able to help you.

    “I’m very grateful to have found the perfect attorney for my case. Isa is the most honest lawyer I’ve ever met. She is very thorough with her work and will go above and beyond to be able to help you. I ...”

    - Ivan C.
  • Ms. Gratacos has been unbelievably helpful. I can’t commend her enough for the personal attention and thoroughness of all that she does.

    “It is my privilege to recommend Isa Mari Gratacos to you! As a school that is “global” in terms of where our students go, and the students that come to us, Ms. Gratacos has been unbelievably helpful. ...”

    - Dr. Dwight Carlblom
  • I would HIGHLY recommend Elizabeth Wood as an immigration lawyer to anyone and everyone , military or civilian.

    “Elizabeth Wood has been so thorough and has exceeded my expectations. I have worked with other lawyers in the Jacksonville/New Bern area and she has made my Immigration process go by quick and smooth ...”

    - Brenda S.
  • I could not have completed the immigration of my wife without her. 5/5 stars on her services.

    “Mrs. Woods was an extremely professional and competent attorney during my immigration case. She made herself always readily available through phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings to ensure that ...”

    - Erick L.

Real People, Real Results

  • Permanent Residence Card Obtained Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to Lawful Permanent Resident to Citizenship

    One of our DACA clients later applied and received his lawful permanent residence card and just recently became a U.S. Citizen.

  • Extension of E2 Visa Approved Employment Visas

    A manufacturer in Eastern North Carolina needed help with one of their key employees from Germany. They required an extension of their E2 visa.

  • Obtained Citizenship Naturalization

    We worked with the client to improve their reading and writing in English. After several months they were able to re-take the civics test and passed.

  • Removal Proceedings Terminated Removal Proceedings

    Judge agreed with our opinion and terminated her removal proceedings. This allowed us to apply for her lawful permanent residence card. We are happy to report that she received her card in January 2019.

  • Permanent Residence Card Obtained Violence Against Women Act

    We were able to assist him in getting his lawful permanent residence card and in 5 years he will be able to apply for citizenship.