Protecting Your American Dream Over two decades of combined experience helping you achieve
The American Dream

Family & Marriage Visa Attorneys in New Bern

Reuniting Families in the U.S.

At The E.A. Wood Law Firm, there is nothing we are more passionate about than bringing families together. Helping family members obtain visas for their loved ones is one of our favorite aspects of being immigration attorneys. We understand how confusing the immigration process can be. With so many rules and requirements in place, it can be difficult to know where to start.

Take the first step today by calling our family visa attorneys in New Bern. We have considerable experience handling all types of family- and marriage-based visa applications and appeals. Whether you are helping a loved one escape persecution through asylum or want to bring your foreign spouse to America, your immigration goals can be achieved with the help of The E.A. Wood Law Firm.

Call us at (800) 611-0821 or contact us online to get started on applying for your family or marriage visa. We serve clients in Craven County and around the world.

Eligibility for Family & Marriage Visas

Family and marriage-based visas require sponsorship from a family member who is already living in the U.S.

To sponsor a family member, you must be:

  • A U.S. citizen
  • A green card holder (permanent resident)
  • A refugee or asylee who was admitted as such within the last two years

Family-Based Visas

When bringing a parent or sibling to live with you, you must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old. Green card holders cannot petition for their parents or siblings.

When bringing your children to live with you in the U.S., their age and marital status will impact their eligibility.

Permanent residents may petition for:

  • Children who are unmarried and under the age of 21
  • Unmarried sons and daughters who are over the age of 21 (plus any children of their own)

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may also petition for married sons and daughters of any age, as well as their children.

Qualifying for a Marriage Visa

If you are a U.S. citizen or green card holder, you may bring your eligible spouse to live with you in the U.S. by completing Form I-130. This is the process to use whether you are a citizen or a permanent resident.

If you are engaged but not yet married to a foreign national who is living outside the U.S., you can seek a K-1 fiance(e) visa. This nonimmigrant visa grants your fiancée entrance to the U.S. if you intend to get married within 90 days. Once married, your new spouse may apply for a green card.

To see if you are eligible for any of these family or marriage visas, call our New Bern immigration attorneys at (800) 611-0821 today.

Hear From Our Previous Clients

  • Responsive, answered all our questions and calmed our anticipation on what to expect.

    “Ms Wood and her staff are amazing. Guided us thru the entire process and made us feel completely comfortable the entire time! Responsive, answered all our questions and calmed our anticipation on what ...”

    - Stephan Taylor
  • I would like to thank you for your hard work and professionalism during our case.

    “Elizabeth Wood and her team are amazing. I would like to thank you for your hard work and professionalism during our case.. I could not have chosen a better attorney. As I told you in your office the ...”

    - Sergio Rendon
  • Las abogadas son excelentes - Lawyers are excellent

    “estoy muy agradecida y satisfecha con su trabajo gracias. las abogadas son excelentes las mejores trabajan duro para ayudarte me isieron mi sueño realidad. Dios las bendiga Isa 🙏 y Elizabeth. I am ...”

    - Emma Hidalgo Lome
  • Thank you again for all you have done to make our dreams come true.

    “Thank you for taking our case. We were denied the green card. Then we went on the internet and we found your website. We knew we had the right lawyer. You were very professional in getting all our ...”

    - Jim and Maria Locklair
  • They are so helpful they made my process easy and stress free!

    “They are so helpful they made my process easy and stress free!”

    - Ada Rojas

Real People, Real Results

  • Permanent Residence Card Obtained Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to Lawful Permanent Resident to Citizenship

    One of our DACA clients later applied and received his lawful permanent residence card and just recently became a U.S. Citizen.

  • Extension of E2 Visa Approved Employment Visas

    A manufacturer in Eastern North Carolina needed help with one of their key employees from Germany. They required an extension of their E2 visa.

  • Removal Proceedings Terminated Removal Proceedings

    Judge agreed with our opinion and terminated her removal proceedings. This allowed us to apply for her lawful permanent residence card. We are happy to report that she received her card in January 2019.

  • Permanent Residence Card Obtained Violence Against Women Act

    We were able to assist him in getting his lawful permanent residence card and in 5 years he will be able to apply for citizenship.

  • Obtained Citizenship Naturalization

    We worked with the client to improve their reading and writing in English. After several months they were able to re-take the civics test and passed.